Breaking News: Ray McGovern Brutalized & Left Bleeding by Hillary Clinton Police, “So this is America!”

To Those Who Second-Guess Our Police State Status: Shame on You!

I just received the following news and I am way too upset to write a coherent piece on this. Ray McGovern is a good friend of mine. We live less than 10 miles apart. Together we have participated in many events and protests. He is one of the most informed, articulate, gentle, peace-loving and peace-seeking human beings I’ve ever known…For me, this hits too close to home: My father was similarly brutalized by dictator regimes, and that was only the beginning, before it escalated to being tortured and having his toenails pulled out by the state police. Why? He was a doctor, a surgeon with an inquiring mind, and he spoke out whenever he could against dictatorships and for liberties. Participating in peaceful demonstrations, encouraging others to rise up for their rights, and reading authors such as Steinbeck (the American author black-listed there as ‘communist and anarchist’) landed him on the list of to-be-punished and pacified…

Right now, at this point, all I have to say to those who second-guess our nation’s police state status is this: “Shame on you!” As for my irate minority friends over here at Boiling Frogs, please help disseminate this news, because the scum bag media won’t;’ thank you.

At Clinton Speech: Veteran Bloodied, Bruised & Arrested for Standing Silently

As Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave her speech at George Washington University yesterday, condemning governments that arrest protestors and do not allow free expression, 71-year-old Ray McGovern was grabbed from the audience in plain view of her by police and an unidentified official in plain clothes, brutalized and left bleeding in jail. She never paused speaking. When Secretary Clinton began her speech, Mr. McGovern remained standing silently in the audience and turned his back. Mr. McGovern, a veteran Army officer who also worked as a C.I.A. analyst for 27 years, was wearing a Veterans for Peace t-shirt.

Blind-sided by security officers who pounced upon him, Mr. McGovern remarked, as he was hauled out the door, “So this is America?” As you see, Mr. McGovern is covered with bruises, lacerations and contusions inflicted in the assault.

McGovern1McGovern2

Mr. McGovern is being represented by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF). “It is the ultimate definition of lip service that Secretary of State Clinton would be trumpeting the U.S. government’s supposed concerns for free speech rights and this man would be simultaneously brutalized and arrested for engaging in a peaceful act of dissent at her speech,” stated attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard of the PCJF.

# # # #

This site depends exclusively on readers’ support. Please help us continue by contributing directly and or purchasing Boiling Frogs showcased products.

Comments

1. Please help disseminate/distribute this news. Just paste it everywhere. Thank you. Now I am going to call Ray…

2. avatar Bill Bergman says:

Freedom — isn’t it wonderful?

3. avatar theepitbull says:

This is appalling! Will do a post on this ASAP

(((3)))

4. I will bring you thousands of hits Sibel I am gonna post this everywhere

5. avatar theepitbull says:
  6. regards and respect to Ray .
    the message will get around.
    Take care.

7. Done. Posted on Facebook, Sodahead and the Randi Rhodes Message board

8. posting, twittering, “getting the message out” to the inmates…
    the New Media at work….feel better?
    protest, Merikan style.
    pity.

9. Just donated to the PCJF:

Added special instructions in paypal mentioning Ray McGovern representation.

Sorry to hear this.

10. avatar Redwoodhippie says:

I believe in free speech and especially creative expression as a form of messaging. I met Ray McGovern when he and I were both among a group of peace activists that went to speak at the free speech stage at the Republican National Convention. I had time to talk to Ray McGovern about our country and our Constitutional rights. I have great respect for him and am honored to know that I have joined him in several protest actions. I link here to a note I wrote after reading of this incident.

11. Good luck to you all…out here spreading the word .

12. We live in a militarist corporate state – one that Mussolini would have been proud of. It is a police-state that is predominantly secret and “spooky”. We need police to protect the public interest, but this has been turned on its’ head and the trend has been for “intelligence” which is in reality covert action which supports the interests not of the public, but a small minority.

13. I received word of this earlier today via an email blast from Kevin Zeese and Voters for Peace. I posted it immediately:

14. They have gone WAY too far

15. Sibel, just posted this on Freedoms Phoenix, in which Ray even writes pieces for as well. This is outrageous. Such hypocrisy!! And of course, more proof of the police state.

16. I’m not surprised. McGovern is a big boy. he can take it. he stood up and called dumbsfeld a liar and nearly caught hell then. Hillary Clinton, in addition to a three axehandle ass, knows nothing about foreign policy, and she knew about Mena Arkansas as did hubby bill. they are squids just like republipigs.

tedbohne
    n221fb@msn.com

17. I’ll be sure to turn my back to Hillary Clinton from now on.

18. Phone call to Washington police, February 16, 2011 concerning Ray McGovern –

This world is getting very weird!!!

19. FAIR’s Media Contact List

20. Ray McGovern’s plight is ample evidence of the hypocrisy spewing from Hilary Clinton’s mouth as spokesman for the US State Dept. The State Dept. is just the public face of the CIA and never serves the people. I’d almost bet throwing a bucket of water on Hilary Clinton would cause her to melt away like her namesake in Frank Baum’s story. Remember, in fascist America you have the freedom to do what you are told, pay your taxes, report family and neighbors to police, and send your sons and daughters to wars of corporate aggression supporting robber barons. And if you don’t like it, you have the right to remain silent and seek help for your abberrant psychological problem defying authority. Dissidence is not healthy. Achtung! Right is wrong, freedom is slavery! Heil Obama!

God bless you, Ray McGovern and Sibel Edmonds! Keep up the good work!

21. What charge will they use to justify these fascist’s methods? Did he break some “rudeness” law we are unaware of that the Homeland police are enforcing to suppress all manner of dissent?

Possibly conducting a protest without a permit might apply. But to use such brutal, in your face and body, “police state” methods to made an example of Ray is proof of America’s decline into darkness. Most “axis of evil” regimes are not this repressive.

Ray’s continued courage to walk the talk has exposed Hilary’s jaw-dropping hypocrisy, and the entire US government’s by extension.

My hope is these little exposés arouse a degree of critical thinking in the minds of observers and readers and such revelations create a tipping point soon. We all should endeavor to do more, such as Ray has, to speed the enlightenment.

22. We all look forward to an update!

23. This man was not disrupting the speech I gathered. He only turned his back in a silent protest.

Clinton is a freaking hypocrite.

But then what else is new?

Support Ron Paul!!!!!

24. Call back fron The State Department, February 17, 2011 concerning Ray McGovern –

25. The sadists in the national security state are showing their colors and making Ray as an ex CIA an example of anyone still in the CIA what might happen is they decide to go against the grain.

This is what fascism looks like – brutalizing peaceful silent protesters.

This doesn’t surprise me in the least, though perhaps it does others and it certainly will not be covered in the lamestream propaganda media.

Unfortunately this sort of protest in HUGE numbers is what it will take to wake America up.

Let’s hope Ray recovers ans sues this asses and makes a big deal out of this.

I wonder what he thought the CIA was doing for those 27 years he served with them?

26. avatar 3dayscondor says:

Whistleblower on CIA drug operations moved to another federal prison
    The whistleblower, a cousin of the former CIA top official dealing with counter-narcotics, has been moved from Florence federal penitentiary in Arizona to another federal prison center, according to information passed to WMR by a former FBI counter-narcotics contractor and member of the Presidential Task Force on Narcotics during the 1980s.

WMR has now been given liberty by parties involved in the case to divulge further details about the matter.

The individual arrested on charges that he threatened federal agents is Philip Ticktin of Arizona. Ticktin’s cousin, identified as the person responsible for not only the CIA’s counter-narcotics program but also instrumental in setting up the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FINCEN), designed to track the money flows of drug dealers and terrorists, is Sidney Zabludoff. Ticktin changed his last name from Zabludoff, which appears on his Pennsylvania birth certificate, to Ticktin some years ago.

On February 12, 2010, WMR reported: “WMR’s FBI sources also confirmed that the senior CIA officer officially vested with the job of countering the international narcotics trade was actively involved in promoting the CIA’s own drug smuggling operations. The individual also served in the Treasury Department where he ensured that the surveillance databases of suspicious money flows by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FINCEN) were scrubbed of any information that would point to the CIA’s involvement in drug money laundering.

We have also learned that the cousin of the CIA official, who discovered his cousin’s involvement in the narcotics and drug money laundering business, was recently arrested in Arizona and incarcerated in the Florence federal penitentiary for allegedly threatening the lives of federal agents, a serious crime under the new anti-terrorism laws. Although, the individual in question has been diagnosed as ‘delusional’ by a court-appointed psychiatrist, federal prosecutors are seeking a plea deal that would ensure that no mention is ever made of the cousin [who is now a well-known supporter of Israel], the CIA, FBI, or the Bush family. The jailed whistleblower also alleged that the CIA’s drug trade continues to flourish and that it involves Latin American Jews, Mossad agents and fabric and window covering warehouses in Florida, Georgia, and Texas that are used to store drugs from Latin America prior to distribution.
    Ticktin has filed a series of complaints about his alleged harassment by federal agents to the U.S. District Court for Arizona over the past several years.

In a June 12, 2008, court filing, Ticktin stated “A wrongful termination ensued after which plaintiff was solicited to work for a window covering firm in Florida, known as Vertilux. It was, plaintiff believes, accidentally revealed there that this firm and Hunter Douglas were front Corporations for the Central Intelligence Agency and is actually involved in the distribution of illegal narcotics and money laundering. It develops that Hunter Douglas, Vertilux and every company that has since solicited the plaintiff to work has been protected by Executive order and it appears for a protracted time that the fabric industry has been used as a benign cover for these other activities.”

Ticktin also filed a number of Freedom of Information Act requests to the CIA and NSA for records dealing with him and his various employers.

Ticktin has stated the following in a memorandum for the record sent to WMR:

“I have a story that is very pertinent to what is going on now. I am a civilian, no military or intelligence background, but I have a relative in a high level intelligence capacity (Sidney J. Zabludoff, do a Google search if you do not know him) that told me 6 months before the Iraq war began that there was NO WEAPONS of any consequence! “A stealth bomber could knock out what little bit Saddam has got in 10 minutes”.
    At the time, I was working for a company in Augusta, Georgia (Carole Fabrics) and told some of my co workers about this. I would assume that this company is either an agency run company, or the conversations were picked up at nearby Ft. Gordon, an NSA listening post. Shortly after, I was fired from this company where I had worked for over 5 years. I was approached shortly thereafter by a “company” in Miami (Vertilux) that I have been told is a BLACK BAG OPERATION (CIA’s drug, weapon, and money movement). I am told that this was a “retribution” job.
    In short, I have been harassed by a series of “jobs” that I was approached to take. I can prove everything I say. I recorded conversations with the fake company in Miami, where I was warned about my “political statements”.
    When I filed a FOIA on the Miami “company”, I received a call from the NSA, and everybody tells me that they never call people on the phone….to demand what I wanted to know. So far, the media seems to be scared of this story. My subsequent FOIA requests about info about myself have been stonewalled. I also spoke to Kenneth Williams of the FBI. He is the guy who wrote the memo about the Arabs going to flight school in Phoenix. I have tried to get a copy of the report he says he wrote through the FOIA, but have been equally stonewalled. They have destroyed my career, just like they did with Valerie Plame!”

The former FBI counter-narcotics consultant and member of President Reagan’s narcotics task force has told WMR that Ticktin’s story checks out in all accounts. Ticktin claims that after expressing an early interest in his story, The New York Times refused to take any more of his phone calls.

According to the website of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, “Sidney Zabludoff is an economist who worked for the White House, CIA, and Treasury Department for more than thirty years. Upon retirement in 1995, he focused on issues related to the restitution of Jewish assets stolen during the Holocaust era. He has published numerous detailed studies on the issue and was the principal analyst for Jewish participants involved in insurance claims.”

In the February 12 report, WMR also reported that the CIA threatened, via the Medellin drug cartel, the life of former Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Senator Dennis DeConcini (D-AZ) over bis probing of CIA involvement in drug smuggling. The CIA operations involved a number of airfields in the southern United States, as well as cattle ranches. A former Customs Service agent has told WMR that these operations involved Tropic Air out of Belize flying drugs into Mena, Arkansas. WMR has been told the Mena operations are ongoing.

27. 100% proof there was no heckling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYz5BCIqbw

28. avatar Kingfisher says:

I’m sorry Mr. McGovern got hurt. But I must say that I do not care for demonstrations during speeches, no matter who the speaker or what the cause. Except for the Iraqi guy who threw his shoe at Bush, which was classic.

KF

29. avatar 344thBrother says:

Contact info on assistant chief of police at GWU on Ray’s assault case.
    Copied from posts on my facebook home page. Good job Rains!

#
    Rain Burroughs I spoke to the assistant chief of police at GWU. He said the officer and the guy in the suit were both his employees. Also said that one of them did cut themselves and if dna testing took place, Ray’s blood wouldn’t be the only source of blood. He asked for eyewitnesses and other video. He said he believes Ray was asked to sit or leave or something. Is working on investigation. Said I could go on their website and leave a complaint. His name is Frank Demes. He sounded uncomfortable, as he should be.
    2 hours ago ·
    #
    Dave Short Rain. Any contact information besides Frank Demes ?
    6 minutes ago ·
    #
    Rain Burroughs His number is 202-994-9149. He did ask me to be discreet, whatever that means :)
    4 minutes ago ·
    #
    Dave Short Wow! That was fast! Thanks. I guess being discreet would be not bringing the issue up at all.

Maybe Valor is the better part of discretion?

Get well Ray
    peace on earth
    d

30. “Very disturbing to hear about this. Hope you will write.”
    - Noam Chomsky
    8:43pm Friday, February 18, 2011

31. avatar 3dayscondor says:

Thankfully he is still alive, look at what the same “people” did to Judge John Roll in Arizona….Why are people so surprised, Ms. Clinton and her husband have been CIA assets since they were very young.

32. This is crap why can’t we have guys like Ray McGovern in Congress or something!!!
    No,doubt there are millions of Stuporbowl twerps & twits who thought & said “Anti-American” or some crap,
    Obama Administration pushes for Bolshevik Extension ,
    ………Rightwingers Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann scorn US first lady’s effort to give tax breaks to mothers for breast pumps…….
    The tax code is only a 100000 pages long already with tax breaks for all kinds of useless crap,so why the hell not throw this in as well,
    WHO CARES!!!!!!,WE ARE SO THRILLED THEY ARE BRAVELY HANDLING THE REALLY BIG ISSUES!!!!!!

MAYBE IF THE UNIONS WANT MORE SUPPORT THEN THEY OUGHT TO STEP UP AND GET THE DAMN FLUORIDE OUT OF THE WATER!!!!!!!!!!

33. avatar Kingfisher says:

@3dayscondor,

The judge who got killed during the Gifford’s shooting last month?

Ok, I have to hear this; are you are saying he was assassinated by nefarious forces, or something along those lines? If so: why, how, and by whom? Please do tell.

These were the same people who ejected Ray McGovern from the speech?

KF

34. IS EVERYBODY IN A.B.C.????????

35. Can we all agree on at least a few things??
    1.MONSANTO IS ANTI-HUMAN & ANTI-LIBERTY
    2.MONSANTO & (B.P.) IS GUILTY OF CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY
    3.MONSANTO & (B.P.) IS AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE,(ALL
    PEOPLE!!)
    4.MONSANTO & (B.P.) ARE TRULY GUILTY OF COMMITTING
    HOLOCAUSTS & GENOCIDE
    5.FOX NEWZ AND ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN ARE ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE
    ,…THE MEDIA IS THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!
    7. ISRAEL OWES GERMANY REPARATIONS FOR DECADES OF
    DEFAMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE GERMAN TEA PARTY WILL BE FORMED TO SEEK FULL ADDRESS
    FOR GRIEVANCES & DEFAMATION & FINANCIAL COMPENSATION FOR
    GROSS FINANCIAL & HISTORICAL DEFAMATION
    8. I THINK TYLER KENT WOULD AGREE!!!!!!!

36. When someone reads that so&so is in the A.B.C. or was then sometimes some People think like . “uh” “Vampires”.aaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

37. No,breastpumps aren’t useless just if they want a tax break for this,why not?????
    Why use this to Stump with???????????

38. avatar 344thBrother says:

Tyler, I feel your pain.

Repost>
    Contact information to report on the Ray Mcgovern assault and battery.

Frank Demes Assistant Chief of Police
    202-994-9149.

He did ask me to be discreet, whatever that means :)

I guess being discreet would be not bringing the issue up at all.

Maybe Valor is the better part of discretion?

Get well Ray
    peace on earth
    d

39. avatar 3dayscondor says:

To Kingfisher,
    Yes, sir, as far as the CIA is concerned, it is all about the DRUGS and the MONEY……..Look at Judge Rolls’ last case;
    United States of America,
    Plaintiff vs $333,520 in United States Currency; 2007
    Saturn Aura XE, VIN 1G8ZS57N97F136757
    I figured when I posted this somebody would step up…
    The name “Kingfisher” is one of several things, a character from Amos n Andy, a bird, or someone FISHING for info…..Hmm

40. avatar lovemybrushes says:

Again, glairing absence video. Getting harder and harder to see even with after the fact interviews. That’s the sound of censorship. Many boots in unison. CRUNCH, crunch…BAMB on the shield. CRUNCH, crunch…BAMB.

41. Repost>
    Contact information to report on the Ray Mcgovern assault and battery.

Frank Demes Assistant Chief of Police
    202-994-9149.

He did ask me to be discreet, whatever that means

I guess being discreet would be not bringing the issue up at all.

Maybe Valor is the better part of discretion?

Get well Ray
    peace on earth
    d
    CLUELESS STUPID IDIOT MORON Tyler Kent appreciates and accepts your generous offer to
    accept CLUELESS STUPID IDIOT MORON Tyler Kent’s phone call and will have a few questions as
    well,
    Respectfully & regards,
    AMEN,INFIDEL!!!!!

GET WELL SOON OBI-WAN RAY MCGOVERN,
    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

42. edit_mommies, where are you? I need some sanity!

43. I wonder if Bill Moyers knows that Mr. McGovern has a question or two about what happened on 9/11.

The power of myth, indeed.

44. Totally Appalling! OMG!!!!!!!

45. Sibel keep up your important work! <3