Afghan Heroin Myths and Facts Recapped & Simplified for Mainstream Followers

heroin1Yesterday I wrote a piece on the real lords of Afghan poppies and heroin operations. I am thankful to all your supportive feedback. Of course not all feedbacks were positive, and I truly understand and accept that. Many of the critics came from mainstream media and establishment’s loyal believers and followers. They found my article complicated and not rational. In various ways and using many different words-some not very pleasant,  they were asking if I was accusing the United Nations, NATO, the US Government, and mainstream media outlets such as the New York Times and Newsweek Magazine of selling lies?! All that made me recall a famous quote from a ruthless despot. Actually, I ended up using that quote in my nightly news roundup:

“All propaganda must be popular and its intellectual level must be adjusted to the most limited intelligence among those it is addressed to. Consequently, the greater the mass it is intended to reach, the lower its purely intellectual level will have to be.” –Adolf Hitler

I realized I had ignored that very important advice in trying to convey the important myths, inconsistencies, and facts on the global Afghan heroin business since 9/11. If the establishment media uses the Fuhrer’s tactic to sell lies and myth, why don’t we use that same tactic to put out facts and the truth? I did not adjust my article for those with the most limited intelligence who have been following our government and its mainstream media and their daily propaganda. I sincerely apologize for that. To show my sincerity I have gone back and produced an adjusted version of that article.

Here is my Afghan Heroin piece recapped and adjusted for the loyal establishment and mainstream followers to accommodate their comprehension capabilities (Our irate critical thinking minority may skip this piece all together-way too simple for you;-):

One- Let’s agree on what kind and size of trade we are talking about here. The very conservative and cautious estimate of the Global market value of Afghan heroin in 2009 given by mainstream sources puts it at somewhere between $60 Billion and $65 Billion.  I am going to cite two sources to make these mainstream-following critics of mine more comfortable:

CNN on 2009 Afghan Heroin Value: $65 Billion a year

United Nations (UNODC) on 2009 Afghan Heroin Value: $60 Billion a year

Let’s make it really mainstream and very American, and go with the $65 Billion figure. For my mainstream critics I am going to make it even easier to follow and understand-here it is with all the ‘zeroes’:

$65,000,000,000

Two- Let’s compare mainstream facts with real facts when it comes to the production of this $65,000,000,000 a year business:

The establishment and the Mainstream Media say $65 Billion worth of heroin producing poppies are grown illegally and under-cover by bearded Afghan men in little hidden pockets around the country like this:

heroin2

Facts say, considering its high value, massive amount and high-powered beneficiaries, it is encouraged, supported, guarded and produced openly like this:

heroin3

They say massive tons of poppies are secretly processed into $65 Billion worth of heroin this way:

heroin4

The facts say it is more likely like this:

heroin5

They claim $65 Billion worth of finished-product heroin travels from porous Afghanistan into Central Asia, Turkey, and then into the Balkans and Western European countries like this:

heroin6

The realities on the ground say it is more like this:

heroin7

They say $65 Billion worth of heroin passes through various primitive hubs and stops in Central Asia:

heroin8

Logic and facts point to bases and hubs like this:

heroin9

They claim $65 Billion is kept & hidden this way:

heroin10

Reports and facts say it is this way:

heroin11aheroin12aheroin13a

Now, dear mainstream’s loyal followers, can you imagine yourself as owners and or managers of this $65,000,000,000 a year business? Do you see this massive global business operation run with a few acres, a few cast-iron pots, a dozen or so donkeys, nomad huts as hubs, and tons of cash stashed under your mattresses? I didn’t think so. But your mainstream information providers are telling you exactly that: That the $65 Billion a year global Afghan heroin business is generated, operated and managed secretly by illiterate bearded men using primitive pots and pans, donkeys, nomad tents, and mattresses used as vaults.

# # # #

This site depends exclusively on readers’ support. Please help us continue by SUBSCRIBING, and by ordering our EXCLUSIVE BFP DVD .

Comments

1. avatar ROSSONY says:

The estimate is $65 Billion a year. It is not always clear if this is the final street value after all the participants, such as CIA, the Military, Bank handlers and launderers, etc. take their cut of of the industry. It certainly is not the valued received by the peasant farmers that toil in the fields. So, how many intermediaries are there in this thriving industry? That is probably is the main question that should be asked.

2. avatar jschoneboom says:

I do like my analyses served up with some smiles, so thanks for this one, Sibel. Right on point as usual…and funny! This is a great example of the mainstream media keeping the important dots from getting connected.

3. Ah. Another happy day in paradise.
    Just under that rousing silver sea, barracuda flash and tear. Hidden until you drop the hook in. Then. HIT ! shock[betrayal]and kill, a fundamentalist froth of madmsm eat-and-be-eaten revealed in continuum.
    “…that there is a deep force behind drug, intelligence, and jihadi activity, would be consistent with the legacy of the CIA’s earlier interventions in Afghanistan, Laos, and Burma, and with America’s overall responsibility for the huge increases in global drug trafficking since World War II. It is important to understand that the more than doubling of Afghan opium drug production since the U.S. invasion of 2001 merely replicates the massive drug increases in Burma, Thailand, and Laos between the late 1940s and the 1970s” should come as no surprise.

After 911, there are NO surprises.

Yet this contention makes our professors of strategic studies tremble. It is not in the books, they reply in chorus:
    “I have to say that most conspiracy theories require a degree of perfect and hidden coordination that is beyond almost any government or group of governments, and that many of these theories also work against good logic and judgment. There is no case in my view for the proposition you are making which I regard as a work of fiction.” [Lou REED:"stick a fork in my ass and roll me over : I'm done."]

As Frields and Svenghali said. “It never happened”,”those conversations don’t exist”. There was no MENA. Skyways don’t fly. Huffman was a real pilots school. Take the money. Take the money…..Here’s a promotion..

Yet there was.
    Yet it did.
    Yet they do.
    And, yet,
    the he-ro-in STILL gets thru. And the arms. the Sniper Agents Provocateurs. body parts. mercenary mujhadeen. DUAmmunition. Rendition torture victims. pallets of 100dollar bills. Fat greed of POWER projection.

4. avatar doncowles says:

Thank God for the drug money funds that saved the shadow banking system from imploding in late 2008 and early 2009. When the economy goes over the cliff, we’ll have our own oligarchs who will come in from the cold to purchase depressed assets and get us back on the road to….

5. avatar gogetem says:

What? The New York Times tell lies? No, it can’t be!! Judy Miller would never lie to me!

6. zing

7. avatar Empathy says:

I speak fluent sarcasm… and reading this was like reading a Shakespearean sonnet. You, Sibel, are awesome.

8. avatar jcarbonneau says:

Whenever I encounter a person who favors this lunancy termed, “The War on Drugs”, or as a friend calls it, “The War On Some Drugs”, I always ask this question. “Why do share the same views on the Drug War with the Cartels?”.
    Of course, the response is always what I call the Fred Flinstone response, “Yabba Dabba Doooooo”.

9. avatar ProudPrimate says:

Absolutely brilliant, Sibel. The pictures of course help a lot. I won’t yield to the temptation to repost this, but I will show it to a few people — in person — who will be hard-pressed to cope with it. C’est la vie!

I’ve been telling this story for years — just last week I shared the famous “Grasso Abrazo” photograph with a (former?) stock broker on the plaza where I stand with my placards. “I love him!” says he. “Richard Grasso — I love the man!” “But here he is embracing the head of the FARC out in the jungle of Colombia. He encouraged them to invest” (invest what??)”in the NYSE.” “Well, he’s a businessman.” said my new friend, Mark.

For reference, here’s the placard I use on the subject, http://proudprimate.com/images/narcoCIAphoto.JPG

But the way you lay it out, it’s like laying out a four-lane highway with one of those laydown machines full of asphalt. These your hearers will look like the coyote after confronting a steam roller — flat as a map.