On Point with Charlie McGrath- Killing for a Lie

Charlie McGrath Presents Activist Ross Caputi

Fallujah Iraq 2004 saw some of the most horrific fighting in recent military history. Fierce hand to hand and house to house fighting left thousands dead. Our country and our fighting men were told Fallujah was a terror hot spot and we were liberating the city from evil doers. We now know that it was total carnage based on outright lies.

Activist and veteran Ross Caputi takes us through the horrors of Fallujah & the deceptions that still haunts our nation and the world.

Watch Preview Here:

Watch the Full Video Report Here (Open to all while we work out technical difficulties):

Comments

1. avatar Lisa Spears says:

there is an issue with the video at the 21 minute mark.

2. avatar chuck70 says:

Dear Charlie and BFP,
    I was really eager to watch this video but as I started to download it I saw it was over 400 MB in size.
    Is it possible to have a lower resolution video file or just the audio?
    I have limited download and this one video which is almost half a GB would use up my daily allowance.
    All the best,
    Chuck

3. avatar Won-a-pa-lei says:

I wish that this interview was not subscription only because the people who’s minds might be changed for the better, will never listen to it.

4. avatar chuck70 says:

Dear BFP;
    For the less affluent of us, is it possible to offer smaller downloads like James Corbett does?
    (See below. from James’ site)

“For those with limited bandwidth, CLICK HERE to download a smaller, lower file size version of this episode.”

Thanks,
    Chuck

5. avatar chris bagg says:

I can neither watch nor listen to this as my DSL is too slow. Perhaps you could provide an audio only version?

• ——————————————————————————————-
      Aha, I think it’s the at symbol that puts me in moderation. Trying again:
      ——————————————————————————————-

I agree, chris bagg. Tried posting this yesterday, but got auto-moderated. Don’t know if this one will go through, but thought I’d try again.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

chuck70: I agree. BFP should provide an mp3 or put the whole show on YouTube until the streaming issues get resolved.

Won-a-pa-lei: This is a tough issue and one that BFP has struggled with during its evolution. There are two problems. One, as you mentioned, is getting the information to people who aren’t members. The other is keeping BFP alive and kicking without corporate sponsorship, foundations, or advertising. I think that the free sample could be a little longer/more enticing with some of the essential information provided. This might help get the info out there for free, as well as get some new subscribers. Corbett decided to start donating his podcast to BFP and rely on the exposure and mention of his own site during the podcast. I’m not sure that works for every producer or if it really works for BFP, in the end. Thoughts?

BTW, the timing of this interview is great for me, as I had just watched Mr. Caputi’s documentary on YouTube last week. Very courageous dude.

• avatar Won-a-pa-lei says:

The video buffered for a full 15 minutes before starting both times I watched, but it did finally play.
        I have directed people to watch the documentary but I think this interview emphasizes the naive american mindset more directly than the documentary. I also believe that people who are brainwashed with the “american exceptionalism” mindset are likely to completely dismiss the accounts of the Iraqi interviews in the documentary no matter how factual they are.
        Mr. Caputi’s first hand experience as an Iraq war veteran as explained in this interview cannot be ignored so easily. If this one interview could be distributed for free I believe the positive affect would be measurable. It may encourage other vets to speak out as well.

• That’s how it played for me too, after a pretty long buffer download of the whole thing. Sounds like it’s hit or miss, at best. I also agree that there should be exceptions to the rule for important shows, once in a while. For this particular episode it’s a pretty easy choice, since there are bugs with the normal streaming/download functionality. Thanks for your thoughts. Hopefully, something will be done when Sibel gets back.

6. testing 123
    auto-moderation in full effect

7. I agree. MP3 or Full version on YT until streaming resolved.

8. avatar thymesup says:

doesn’t work for me , either. darn.

9. Charlie’s emphasis on the “hidden draft” aspect is a BS excuse. The only people who truly could be excused are those who join with the belief that they will be doing something good for the country/world. Any other motivation is morally bankrupt. Poverty or no – there are many ways out of poverty that don’t require murdering strangers.

• Hi Hermit,

Just thinking, maybe your argument has merit for an individual, especially one who realizes they’d be murdering. I would add that Charlie’s point has merit at a systematic level, where such murdering is being advertised as an ethically sound, white-hat way to secure a financial future. There is individual responsibility and public responsibility, just as there is individual and public liberty. The individual operates in the context of the society and there is a feedback loop which can’t be ignored.

10. avatar chris bagg says:

The most interesting part of this interview was where Ross describes American forces firing upon unarmed and peaceful protesters in Fallujah. He claims that on two separate occasions in 2004? American troops dispersed nonviolent protests with live fire, killing 18 plus civilians. This is a major revelation which I would have hoped Charlie could have spent more time discussing.
    Also, I thought that it was confusing when that information was segued into current events surrounding the ISIS invasion, which are not clearly related. I understand that Ross’s point was that the people of Fallujah always try nonviolent resistance first, but why make a connection between the unprovoked violence of American forces, and that of Iraqi prime minister Malaki. The ISIS invasion does not represent a spontaneous uprising of Sunnis in Iraq, but instead is simply a US backed pretext for the future dismantling of the Iraqi state. I suspect that very few Iraqis support this concept.